Welcome to the world of YouTube! Whether you’re a seasoned content creator or just starting out, there’s nothing quite like the thrill of hitting that “Publish” button and sharing your videos with the world. But, what if you want to keep things a little more private before you get a larger audience? Maybe, you have a few subscribers and do not want anybody to see it, or you need to know how to hide subscribers on YouTube to arrange some additional work in private. Or, you simply do not to focus on counts, and want to hide the number of subscribers.
Whatever your reasons are, you need the basic info to hide subscribers, and you’ve come to the right article. I’ll show you how to hide your YouTube channel subscriber numbers from PC and mobile, pros and cons of hiding them.
You can keep your channel as a secret place to roll with your beloved YouTube audience.
Let’s get started!
How to Hide YouTube Subscribers on PC
To hide your subscribers on YouTube using a PC, here are the desktop version steps:
1. Sign in to your YouTube account and go to your channel page.
2. Click on “YouTube Studio” from the drop-down menu.
3. From the YouTube Studio dashboard, click on “Settings” in the left-hand menu.
4. Select “Channel” from the dropdown menu.
5. Click on “Advanced settings” to open your channel’s privacy settings.
6. You will see your display the number of subscribers on YouTube option is ticked.
7. Untick the “Subscriber Count” box, and click on”Save”.
How to Hide YouTube Subscribers on Mobile
The best thing is that if you use YouTube Studio App, the steps will be the same to hide your subscribers by using a mobile device:
1.You need to have access YouTube studio (studio.youtube.com) – click “Continue to Studio” – Log in to your account.
2. Tap on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. You may choose to go desktop site to follow the step-by-step guide we showed for PC. If not, continue to read here.
4. Click on the “Settings” icon in the lower left corner.
5. Go to “Channel” section.
6. Go to “Advanced settings” section.
7. You will see your subscriber count is ticked. This option shows the number of people subscribed to your channel. Untick “Display the number of people subscribed to my channel”.
8. Click on”Save”.
Hiding YouTube Subscribers with Private Settings
If your YouTube channel is set to private, your subscriber count will already be hidden from public view. However, if you want to keep your subscriber list or count private while still maintaining a public channel, you can adjust your privacy settings.
Does Having Public Account Will Make My Subscribers Visible
By default, your YouTube subscribers and subscriber count will be visible to anyone who visits your channel, including non-subscribers. If you want to keep your subscriber count or subscriber list private, you will need to adjust your privacy settings as described in the previous answers.
Also, keep in mind that hiding your subscriber count can make it more challenging to attract new subscribers, as people may be less likely to subscribe if they don’t know how many others are already subscribed to your channel. However, if privacy is your priority, adjusting your public settings is a good way to protect your subscriber list and count from public view.
How to Delete Subscribers on Permanently
YouTube does not provide an option for channel owners to delete subscribers permanently. However, there are some options available that may help you manage your subscriber list:
- Block subscribers: If you want to prevent a specific subscriber from accessing your channel or interacting with your content, you can block them. Then, this will remove them from your subscriber list and they will no longer be able to see or interact with your channel.
- Disable notifications: If you’re receiving unwanted notifications from specific subscribers, you can disable notifications from them. This will not remove them from your subscriber list, but it will prevent you from receiving notifications about their activity on your channel.
- Change your channel’s privacy settings: If you want to make your channel more private, you can change your channel’s privacy settings to “Unlisted” or “Private.” This will prevent anyone who is not subscribed to your channel from accessing your content.
When you choose to block or disable notifications from a subscriber, they may still be able to see your content if they are not signed in to their account.
So the best thing to do is hide a certain number for you!
How to Un-Hide Subscriber Count on YouTube
If you’ve previously hidden your subscriber count on YouTube channels and you want to unhide it, you can do so by following these steps:
- Log in to your YouTube account and go to your channel page.
- Click on the “Settings” gear icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Select “YouTube Studio” from the drop-down menu.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click on “Settings” and then select “Channel.”
- Click on “Advanced settings” to open your channel’s privacy settings.
- Scroll down to the “Subscriber count” section and select “Display the number of people subscribed to my channel.”
- Click “Save” to apply the changes.
Your subscriber count will now be visible to the public on your channel page.
It may take a few minutes for the changes to take effect.
How to See Hidden Subscriber Count on YouTube
If a channel owner has hidden their subscriber count on YouTube, there is no direct way to see the exact number of subscribers they have. However, there are some ways to get a rough estimate:
- Use third-party tools: There are several third-party websites and tools that allow you to estimate the number of subscribers a YouTube channel has, even if the channel owner has hidden their subscriber count. One such tool is Social Blade (socialblade.com), which provides estimated subscriber counts based on public data.
- Look at other metrics: While you may not be able to see the exact number of subscribers a channel has, you can look at other metrics, such as the number of views, comments, and likes on their videos, to get an idea of how popular their content is. You can also look at their social media profiles and website, if they have them, to see how many followers they have there.
It’s important to note that using third-party tools to estimate subscriber counts is not always accurate and may not reflect the actual number of subscribers a channel has.
Pros of Hiding Subscriber Count on YouTube Channel – Final Thoughts
- Reducing pressure: Hiding your subscriber count can help to reduce the pressure to constantly channel growth and compete with others. This can help you to focus more on creating YouTube videos that you enjoy and that resonates with your viewers, rather than worrying about metrics and numbers.
- Fostering community: Without a visible subscriber count, viewers may be more likely to engage with your content and participate in discussions without being influenced by the number of subscribers you have. It can foster a more tight-knit and supportive community around your channel.
- Encouraging authenticity: When you hide your subscriber count, you may feel more comfortable being yourself on camera and creating content that is true to your personal brand and values, rather than trying to conform to what you think will be popular.
- Reducing negativity: Hiding your subscriber count can help to reduce the amount of negativity and harassment you may receive from viewers who are focused on your subscriber count rather than your content. It can create a more positive and supportive environment for you and your potential viewers.
- Avoiding unfair comparisons: Without a visible subscriber count, viewers will not be able to make unfair comparisons between your channel and others. It can create a more level playing field and allow your content to stand on its own merit.
- Keeping competition in check: If you are in a particularly competitive niche, hiding your subscriber count can help to level the playing field and prevent others from using your subscriber count as a benchmark to try to outperform you.