To end your YouTube TV subscription:
On the web: Log in, click your profile picture, navigate to Settings > Membership, opt for ‘Pause or Cancel Membership,’ specify a reason, and confirm.
On iOS devices: Open a web browser, go to tv.youtube.com, tap on your avatar, access Settings > Membership, pick ‘Cancel Membership,’ and verify.
On Android: Launch the YouTube TV app, sign in, tap your user icon, proceed to Settings > Membership, select ‘Pause or End Membership,’ indicate a reason, and confirm the cancellation.
Tired of YouTube TV and want to cancel your subscription? You’re reading the right article.
With so many options for streaming entertainment and shows these days, it’s no surprise if you’re considering canceling your YouTube TV subscription. Maybe you found a better alternative, or you want to check your finances better for fraud prevention purposes.
Whatever YouTube users reason may be, it’s good news to know that it’s possible to cancel their YouTube TV subscriptions in a few simple clicks. All you’ll need to complete the process is the device of your choice (Android, iOS, or PC) and an internet connection. Remember to install the YouTube TV app if it’s a mobile device to make things quick and easy.
Now, let’s get down to helping you learn how to cancel YouTube TV subscriptions in a minute.
How to Cancel YouTube TV on Desktop
To cancel your membership of YouTube TV on your desktop or personal computer, here are the quick steps to follow:
- Go to your web browser and type in tv.youtube.com
- In the top-right corner, click the Sign In button to re-sign if you’re logged out. Enter your Google login details; they are what you use to access your YouTube TV account. Sometimes, you may need to input your home zip code as well.
- Tap on your profile pic at the upper right-hand corner of the screen to reveal a list of options. Click Settings.
- Click on Membership at the upper left sidebar to open the Membership page.
- Tap Pause or Cancel Membership beneath the YouTube TV option.
- In the pop-up window that opens up, navigate to the bottom of the screen and click Cancel Membership, which appears in blue.
- Next, YouTube will ask to find out why you want to cancel YouTube TV, so select an option from the list and move to the next step. Dab Continue Canceling, the blue button at the bottom of the screen.
- Lastly, select Cancel Membership to complete the cancellation.
If you follow the above steps carefully, you should be able to cancel your membership completely. YouTube will auto-redirect you back to the Membership section page. Look out for “Restart membership” under the logo of YouTube TV to confirm if you have successfully canceled. Also, expect an email confirmation telling you your paid subscription has been canceled.
Recently, I had to cancel my YouTube TV subscription. Like many, I switch between different streaming services. This time, I chose to simplify things. Using the Android app, I followed the steps listed here. It was easy and clear.
When I hit ‘Cancel Membership,’ YouTube asked why I was leaving. I liked that—they care about user feedback. Even after canceling, I could still watch until my billing cycle ended. This experience showed me how user-friendly YouTube TV is.
Note that you can still access YouTube TV until your subscription period ends. So, if you have 10 days left, for instance, you can access the TV for 10 more days.
How to Cancel YouTube TV from an Android Device
Canceling your YouTube TV membership on an Android device is simple. You won’t be carrying out the steps in a mobile web browser but on the YouTube TV app, so install it if you haven’t. Here’s how to cancel YouTube TV subscription on your Android app:
- Go to the YouTube TV app on your Android phone or tablet, then sign in to proceed. If you have other accounts connected to YouTube, be careful to choose the specific account you want to deactivate.
- Go ahead and tap your profile photo in the top-right corner, then select Settings.
- Open Settings to reveal a drop-down menu, then look out for and select Membership (tap on it.)
- Tap Manage on the next screen. You can either click on Cancel or Pause, but since you want to cancel YouTube TV, select Cancel. If you change your mind about canceling, you may click Pause instead.
- Select your reason for canceling your subscription, then click Continue Canceling.
- Finally, confirm your cancellation by clicking the blue button “Yes, Cancel” at the bottom of the screen.
As usual, note that you will lose access to the services on the app once the current billing cycle ends.
How to Cancel YouTube TV from an iPad & iPhone
If you use an iOS device, here’s your guide to help you cancel your YouTube TV membership. If you have the YouTube TV iOS app installed, you won’t be able to use it for this process. The iOS app does not allow users to pause or cancel membership via the app, so you have to use your mobile browser or a computer.
However, it’s a similar process to the steps for the Android devices above. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to tv.youtube.com on your mobile browser and log in
- Tap your profile photo and then Settings to reveal a drop-down menu.
- Select Membership, then click Cancel Membership.
- Lastly, confirm your action to cancel your subscription.
Canceling YouTube TV Free Trial Before Billing Date
If you signed up for a free trial of YouTube TV and no longer want to continue with the service, you must cancel your YouTube TV subscription before the next payment period. This is to avoid getting charged to the financial account you used to sign up.
It saves you the trouble of having to request a refund from the service’s customer support team. Use as much of the trial offer as you can, but keep the expiration date in mind—you may even need to set a reminder to keep track.
Once you cancel your subscription, bear in mind that you lose access to the streaming service along with any add-ons you may have purchased or installed. Also, you may not be eligible for another trial offer on that YouTube account for a long time.
What if You Cannot Get a Refund?
It is important to note that if you’ve used a promotional code during sign-up and are canceling within the trial period, you may not be eligible for a refund. We recommend checking with customer service before canceling your free trial.
What Will Happen Next Billing Period When You Cancel It?
At the end of your billing date after canceling your subscription, here’s what you can expect for the next billing period.
The normal monthly price you’re usually charged will not be deducted from any of your accounts connected to YouTube TV. You can reactivate your account when you like to regain full access to your recorded programs and more. If you pause your account, you won’t be billed until after 8 weeks. Any current library recordings you may have will be saved.
If you have any issues with your cancellation, irregular billings, and more, you can speak with a customer support team member to assist you. Select the Chat option in the drop-down menu of the Help section of the app or website to get an immediate response to your issue.
Is it possible to restart your YouTube TV subscription after dropping it?
Yes, it is possible. However, you may not benefit from promotions or sales. Plus, you might not reach your past recorded content.
Can I get my money back if I cancel in the midst of a billing period?
No, unfortunately. YouTube TV doesn’t have a refund option as well as partial billing cycles. However, they let you use YouTube TV till the end of your billing period.
What will happen to your recorded movies or series after you cancel your membership?
After you cancel your membership, the recorded items will be deleted 21 days later. Yet, if you decide to come back, you can continue to benefit from your old library preferences because YouTube TV will save them for you.
Does canceling YouTube TV impact my Google services, especially my YouTube account?
No, it doesn’t affect your other accounts of Google services. YouTube TV membership differs from the regular YouTube platform; thus, you don’t have to worry about canceling your subscription.